16 countries represented and counting
One month before the start of the Silver Lake Chess Festival 2016 there are already 120 registered participants from 16 countries. Among them are 37 titled players, including 17 Grandmasters.
The Organizing Committee is preparing a rich programme for all ages and playing levels:
– Open “A”, tournament for players rated over 2000 FIDE
– Open “B”, tournament for players rated under 2200 FIDE
– Open “C”, tournament for players rated under 1700 FIDE
– Blitz FIDE rated tournament on a Danube liner “Silver Star”
– FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar
– Chess Camp
– Excursions (depending on the interest): Ram, Golubac, Viminacium, Nimnik, Sveta Petka
Registration, accommodation, entry fees and airport transfers with the tournament director Vojkan Petrović, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +381 (63) 251 769.
Silver Lake is an oxbow lake along the right Danube bank near the town of Veliko Gradište. It is a popular tourist resort.
The lake has an arch shape, it is 14 kilometers long, up to 300 meters wide and covers an area of 4 km². The water is clear due to the lack of pollution and the natural filtration of the water through many sand dunes. The lake is abundant in fish, including white amur, carp, catfish, pike, perch and other freshwater whitefish.
Fishing poles and kayak paddles are waiting for you. In addition, the Danubia Park Hotel operates a large waterpark right next to the playing hall!